Saturday, May 12, 2007

Sara Blakely

Most of you are probably familiar with an Oprah favorite, Spanx. But did you know that Sara Blakely has a similar line called Assets carried exclusively at Target? I saw them tonight while shopping. Assets price tag is a little lower than Spanx and I imagine a little easier to locate now at Target.

I think the inventor Sara Blakely is an amazing person and I think her story of starting Spanx is amazing, as well as what she is doing now that they are a hit.

4 comments:

Deidra said...

Do you wear/like your Spanx? I haven't heard. I should pull mine out and do some slimming up in my capris.

Anonymous said...

I started wearing Spanx with all of my dresses and skirts a couple of years ago. I found them very effective for controlling and smoothing and very comfortable for a control garment. The only thing I didn't like about them was the price. I've now switched to Target's Assets and find them to be equal to Spanx in terms of control and comfort. So far, I don't see any sign that they aren't as durable. So, by all means, try them!

emalina49a said...

ok, I wanted to know if they were worth it becuase I saw the creator lady on the one Oprah I have watched recently. I apparently need to try them, however, no Target in site and I agree with Sarah about the price factor!

Nikkala said...

I wore mine yesterday--with a skirt I haven't been able to fit into since Bentley (without them). So I'd say heck ya they are worth it!