Thursday, October 23, 2008

Drawer Organizers

The best investment we have made recently are these drawer organizers from IKEA. With a newborn in the house, our son's dresser just became a dresser for 2. Which means we went from 4 drawers for the one, down to 2 drawers each.

The drawer organizer allows me to fit all pants, socks, pajamas, underwear, and swimsuits in 1 drawer for the oldest while keeping it orderly. I just added them to the newborn's drawer, changing it from a pile of jammies and onesies, to one I can find things in. He (the newborn) is only allowed one drawer as well. The drawer organizers gave me room to keep pajamas, clothes, onesies, socks, and burp cloths all their own compartment.

With everything in it's proper spot it is easy to send the husband to retrieve a new onesie and pajamas during the middle of the night blow outs. And that may be the best part.

With each boy only using 1 drawer, I can keep blankets in one, and in the other I keep sheet sets for both the crib and the twin bed as well as clothes they don't quite fit in yet.

I also put these in the husbands drawer, keeping his black and blue socks seperated has been a lifesave Sunday mornings.

At $9.99 they are an inexpensive way to take control of a choatic drawer.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

You're welcome. And amen!

jess said...

These organizers are a great idea! I love your blog header too...

Thanks for adding my banner to your sidebar! Please send me an email at jess at lost button studio dot com so I can send your "thank you"!