Thursday, May 24, 2007

Knowing when to stop

Yesterday, as I was standing in line to make a purchase, I overheard the following conversation between a customer and an employee.

Customer: "You have lost a lot of weight!"

Employee: "I did it the hard way."

Customer: "How did you do it?"

Employee: "I have been sick."

Customer: "Oh, what have you had?"

Employee: "Breast cancer. I just finished chemo."

Customer: "But your hair looks great!"

Employee: "Its a wig."

You couldn't tell it was a wig at all. She went on to say that they think she is cured, so that is good. I feel bad for the lady who couldn't seem to say anything to help the situation she had gotten herself in.

1 comment:

everything pink! said...

oh my!
i get asked if I am pregnant at least once a month. (i never seem to be pregnant when they ask) i have come up with some great answers. but those conversations are so hard.