Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pumpkin Carmel Cupcakes

Do these sound intimidating? Because they totally aren't.

First, bake a pumpkin cupcake. I've used Martha's Pumpkin Cupcake recipe before and it's good. But the other day I was in a time crunch and out of a few ingredients so I pulled out a trusty yellow cake mix and added pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to it and it was good too.

Once the cupcakes are cool you pull out the big guns, the secret ingredient, the WOW. The Smuckers carmel icecream topping in the squeeze bottle.

Drizzle a little carmel on top of each cupcake, being careful to not make a mess. The carmel will spread so error on the side of too little.

Then top with your favorite cream cheese frosting and you'll have a dessert to wow! Really, I've made these twice in the last week and they were a hit both times. In fact I heard a "this is the best cupcake I've had in my entire life."

No comments: